The Dambusters Tour 2

Since we started to look into this a week or so ago, Neill has done some more work on the routes and the overnight stops.  

Hence to maps have changed a bit. He is very thorough and he tries to factor in where there are fuel stops as well.  

I tend not to be as "in depth" when I plan and stop for fuel as and when I look at the trip and see that I need it in the next 30 or so miles!  

The added places are different sites where the crews are commemorated/buried after being shot down during the raid.

So here are the current mapped routes:

Overall Route - The dams are waypoints 5,6 & 7.


Day 1


Day 2


Day 3


Day 4

I have downloaded all of them and have posted them to my TomTom. Ready for the off.  

Of course, all the planning in the world goes up shit creek if we can't travel to the EU in early August  unless they get Covid under control.

Both Neill and  have already had our second vaccinations and by then we will be pretty much ready to travel.

On day 4 I am hoping we'll have time enough to stop on the way back for some essential shopping.....

Comments