Ready for the off.

This is it, the day we set off on the Ashes tour. The bike has been cleaned and the chain lubricated for the long haul ahead. The packing is, shall we say, in progress!

As I sit here writing this, listening to the rain :-( hammering down on my windows, I'm reminded of the tale my mother used to tell, of a trip from Portsmouth to Oldham on the back of my father's Triumph Thunderbird. The weather had been wet and after many hours and miles of clinging on to my father, she arrived in Oldham, soaked to the skin and frozen. He, understandably, was better prepared and had his waterproof gear on, so didn't suffer the same discomfort. The trials and tribulations of being a pillion passenger, eh?

I suppose then, as she rests in my topbox bag, it is fitting, that she makes her last journey up to Oldham in similar conditions. At least this time she'll remain dry! 

Comments

  1. Have a safe trip guys. I will be checking in. Weather wise, it looks up North.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment