Another trip, another spell in hospital

After having to cancel my 2016 tour due to a heart attack, this latest episode was yet another kick in the wotsits.

I won't go in to detail but having been unwell during the night and waited forlornly for NHS Direct to get someone to get back to me (it'll be 2 hours, it'll be another 2 hours, it'll be never), I took myself and Catherine, off to A&E. 9 hours later I was being admitted to a ward, as I was hyperthermic and they couldn't let me go home in that condition. I was hopeful I'd be going home the next day and that we could postpone the trip across till Saturday. As luck would have it though, I was still running hot the next day, so they decided another night in hospital was required and thus the trip was scuppered.

I'd booked a hotel for the trip up, so contacted Booking.com and asked to cancel and waive the cost of the room. I also messaged the hotel and explained the situation. Fair play, I was allowed to cancel free of charge and they came back to me pretty quickly to confirm. A quick chat with Eurotunnel allowed me to postpone my crossing and I'm hoping to get that used, as Paul says, in September, when BSB visits Assen. If not that, WSB is at Magny Cours the same weekend.

Paul had no joy selling the grandstand tickets, so I've said I'll cough up for them and not leave him out of pocket. Now I just have to try and stay fit for my next jaunt, the NC500, in 2 weeks time.

Comments