NL18 - Assen Dutch TT (PD)

Four days to go.

Pepé had a new rear tyre on Saturday and it will need scrubbing in for the first part of the journey. That will be mostly all on motorway so that should be quite straightforward.  Neill has just logged up 2000 miles on his Beemer.

That's just under a third of the mileage I have put on the Rocket in three years.  I have become less of a fair weather biker and more of a plum. One of those guys that I used to laugh at when I was doing 20000 miles a year minimum! "More money that sense!"

Pepé is almost ready to go.  I need to refit the panniers removed to let them have access to the back wheel and I have to decide on what bag to take for my gear.  We are away three nights so a few changes of undies and t-shirts, plus wash bag,  jeans and trainers should suffice. Given that, I might not need the massive Saddlemen bag but might just take a roll top waterproof pack.  

Although the weather is forecast to be in the mid-twenties centigrade all weekend at home and in the Netherlands, we British don't travel far without waterproof jackets and trousers.....

I have now booked the morning off as flexi-leave to go with the afternoon already booked as annual leave so we can possibly go to the Shuttle a little early and see if we can cross over earlier. It might take the pressure off the ride to the overnight hotel.


Comments