CZ16 - The Long Way Back

The Devall-Boys aka Charley and Ewan’s (I’m the bearded Obe-Wan!)  “The Long Way Back” will only have one overnight stop. As we have two days to get home from Brno the return will need to be on the motorways of Europe.  Boring plods along the dalnice to Prague and then to the border near Rozvadov.  Then it will be autobahn the rest of the way through Germany.  The route has been plotted on Tyre – see pic.


When I last went in 2011, Claire and I had built in a few nights in Prague to do the touristy things, and we were in the car!  Although Claire had been with me in 2004 as well, there wasn’t time for much of a look around the sites/sights.  This year no time to stop and stare at the tourist sights….

I had booked a hotel with booking.com and as they often do, emailed to offer me deals in the area where I have already booked. I tend to ignore those emails, often deleting them before reading. But this one I didn’t.

And so I swapped hotels again.  Cancelling the booking at the Olive Inn for a more family based B&B a little way off the A3 autobahn.  The Gruner Baum also lets us have a single room each for less than the others have to offer. Sometimes it’s nice to have your own space to let it all hang out.  Before changing the booking I had a look on Tripadvisor!   (https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g2615274-d3255334-r239624192-Gaststaette_und_Pension_Gruener_Baum-Leidersbach_Lower_Franconia_Franconia_Bava.html)

After reading the reviews I booked it.  Food and beer on site. No walking to do looking for dinner.  Sounds perfick.

The next day, Tuesday we have the rest of the long ride back to the Shuttle. The total journey comes out at 814 miles according to Tyre.  The next job nearer the time is to check out the petrol stops.  “Red Pepe” has a range of about 175 miles before I start to get a quiver but with a mostly motorway route there will be plenty of service areas to keep topping up.


Comments