Ma returns to Weybridge

In 1969 the family moved to Weybridge, Surrey. With Paul & I having flown the nest, Dad gone his own way too, mum left in 1984, to join  my wife Debbie and I in Kent. We all carried/carry many happy memories of our time at Berkeley Court. An idyllic location, the house has a lake, yes a huge lake, stretching away at the bottom of the garden.

On the 25th May 2013, I found that my planned weekend activities would take me right past the end of the road I spent my teens growing up in. What a great opportunity then, to kick off the Ashes Tour, with a mini excursion to the place where mum had spent a good number of years bringing up her two sons and caring for her husband. So, I duly popped her in the car and Cath and I took her back 'home' to Weybridge.

Ma, myself and our former residence, 59 Berkeley Court.

Comments

  1. Hasn't changed much has it? Are the huge trees still across the road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, out front isn't much different. Some of the houses still have the original hall skylights! The back is a bit clearer. The oak at the end of ours has gone. Strange how near the far bank of the lake seems now as well. Seemed miles away when I was young.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment